- Fully featured with support for conditionals, loops and partials
- The only Node.js template engine that has Components
- Stack traces that points to the original filename and line number
- Runtime debugging using Chrome DevTools
- Extensible API for adding custom Edge tags
The Edge Syntax
Finally, we ended up with two distinct ways for writing dynamic code inside Edge template files.
Handles Newlines the right way
Most of the template engines poorly handles new lines. Since, many of us use template engines to output HTML, we never notice the extra newlines as HTML is not sensitive to the
Let's try to build a YAML file using Nunjucks and Edge both to witness the real issue.
Helpful Stack Trace
However, Edge will not disappoint you. Both compile-time and run-time errors always points back to the original source file.